Isabella Lenarduzzi has been a social entrepreneur, an expert in communication and event organisation for 35 years. Her areas of interest include gender equality, employment, education, training, entrepreneurship, innovation and European public affairs. Isabella is also an Ashoka Fellow since 2013. Ashoka Fellows are leading social entrepreneurs who are recognised to have innovative solutions to social problems and the potential to change patterns across society.
In 2006, Isabella launched JUMP, the leading social enterprise working with organisations and individuals to close the gap between women and men at work achieve sustainable corporate performance and create a more equal society.
Did you know that in Belgium…
- Women are 52% of the population
- Women are 56% of the graduates
- The business case for women maintains that companies that have gender balance retain several key business advantages over more homogenous companies.
- Women only make 16% of the executive committees members of the biggest companies
- Women earn globally 30% less than men
- Women do 2/3 of the unpaid work
- 70% of poor people are women, especially single mothers
- One woman out of 5 is or will be the victim of violence in her couple
Isabella is trying to shift this corporate culture by demonstrating that a more inclusive economic model is possible—one where men and women can have success both at work and at home. She provides a missing platform for all relevant stakeholders—including men—who want to change corporate culture, but do not have the support to do so, by providing them with the confidence, tools and the most strategic outlets to press for lasting change.
During this conference, Isabella will talk about the complex phenomena that explains the disparities between women and men in companies and in the economy.
Do we need to fix it? Why and how? Has the sanitary crisis changed anything on the situation of women? How can Women save the Economy?
PRICE? 5 € to pay in cash at the entrance
WHEN? Monday, the 24th of August, from 6.30 to 8 pm.
WHERE? Jozef II-straat 20, 1000 Brussels
CONFIRM YOUR ATTENDANCE by sending an e-mail to – email@example.com (space is limited)